Night Raid (ナイトレイド, Naito Reidō) is one of the covert divisions of the Revolutionary Army.
Night Raid's main function is to handle reconnaissance and assassinations within the capital of the Empire. In addition, the members of Night Raid are charged with the retrieval of any Teigu discovered in order to boost the combat effectiveness of the Rebel Army. When not under direct orders from the HQ, Night Raid opens itself as an "assassins for hire" firm to the general public. However, they do not take just any job from just anyone and will often investigate both the client and target's background in order to avoid possible deception and traps. Night Raid normally operates at night (hence the name). Their former base was located 10km from the capital in the mountains, but they were forced to relocate to a new base that lies 15km northeast of the capital after Team Stylish's attack in fear of being discovered.
Night Raid is composed of two groups. One works within the city (led by Najenda), while another handles the surrounding lands beyond the walls of the capital. The division outside the capital was completely destroyed by the Three Beasts, its only survivor being Chelsea who was soon transferred to Night Raid's capital group. The number of members in that group, in addition to whether or not they used Teigu, are currently unknown. Although Chelsea has hinted that they had the same lively disposition as the current team which ultimately led to their downfall.
Night Raid proved to be instrumental in the downfall of the Empire, leading to the defeat/deaths of many high profile Empire officials including Budo, Esdeath, The Emperor, and Honest. Of the eight notable members of Night Raid throughout the events of the war, only four had survived: Najenda, Akame, Tatsumi, and Mine. Night Raid disbanded after the war, though Najenda and Akame still worked in similar ways for the new Kingdom. Tatsumi and Mine retired from service and lived a quiet life together, settling a new life in Tatsumi's hometown. While Night Raid was known throughout the war as a rebel criminal organization, their existence was never mentioned in any of the New Kingdom's history books.
After the New Kingdom was established, Najenda remain as New Kingdom's officer while Akame traveled east where Hinowa ga Yuku! story transpires to search for the roots of Murasame and ways to undo the curse that she and possibly Tatsumi, suffers.
The current members of Night Raid's Capital sub-division. With the destruction of the group responsible for activities beyond the capital walls, the following members are believed to be all that is left of Night Raid.
- Bulat † (Killed by Three Beasts' Liver)
- Chelsea † (Killed by Jaegers' Kurome and her puppets)
- Lubbock † (Killed by Wild Hunt's Izou)
- Sheele † (Killed by Imperial Guard's Seryu)
- Susanoo † (Destroyed by Jaegers' General Esdeath)
- Leone † (Bled out after getting fatally shot by the Prime Minister)
- Members of the outskirts group of Night Raid; their identities are unknown † (Killed by the Three Beasts )
Teigu formerly within possession
- Infinite Uses: Cross Tail - (Lubbock's † ; Captured by the Empire)
- Cutter of Creation: Extase - (Sheele's † ; Currently with the Revolutionary Army)
- Phantasmagoria: Gaea Foundation - (Chelsea's † ; Destroyed by Jaegers' Kurome)
- The King of Beasts Transformation: Lionel - (Leone's † ; Destroyed by Prime Minister Honest)
- One Cut Killer: Murasame - (Akame's ; Destroyed by Jaegers' General Esdeath)
- Roman Artillery: Pumpkin - (Mine's ; Destroyed after overheating)
- The Speed of Lightning: Susanoo † - (Najenda's ; Destroyed by Jaegers' General Esdeath)
- Demon Armor: Incursio - Formerly owned by Gensei † | Bulat † | Tatsumi
|V· T·E||Night Raid|
|Faction:||The Revolutionary Army|
|Members:||Akame · Leone · Tatsumi · Mine|
|Deceased:||Bulat · Chelsea · Lubbock · Sheele · Susanoo|
|Teigu:||Lionelle · Murasame · Incursio|
|Lost Teigu:||Cross Tail · Extase · Gaea Foundation · Pumpkin · Susanoo|