Kill the Colossal Danger Beast (巨大危険種を斬る, Kyodai Kikenshu o Kiru) is the fourteenth episode of the Akame ga Kill! anime.
Esdeath's shock at seeing Tatsumi turns to delight, but the reunion is cut short when Syura, the hooded man overseeing the activities of the new Danger Beasts, appears. Syura uses his Imperial Arm known as the Shambala, which is capable of teleporting objects, to teleport Esdeath and Tatsumi are to a remote island. A gigantic modified Danger Beast created from Dr. Stylish's experiments confronts them and repels Esdeath's attacks. The Danger Beast is slain by Tatsumi, only for another gigantic Danger Beast to appear and be quickly dealt with by Esdeath. Tatsumi and Esdeath decide to tell each other their backstories at nighttime, with Tatsumi faking his. Esdeath reveals that she hailed from a clan that hunted Danger Beasts. Her father tells her that the strongest will survive and the weak shall fall. When her clan was attacked by a rivaling tribe and all of its members were killed, she was told by her dying father that the clan was weak and that she needed to live strong. As a result, Esdeath enlisted in the Imperial army and ended up becoming a skilled general. Tatsumo then inquires about Esdeath's Imperial Arm, which she reveals to be the symbol on her chest. Esdeath thinks about getting off the island and tries to hunt a flying Danger Beast. Syura's teleportation field appears and Esdeath and Tatsumi jump in, returning both of them to the mountains. Tatsumi flees using his Incursio and realizes that Esdeath cannot be convinced, suspecting that the next time they meet, they will be enemies.
Characters in order of appearance
- Nyau (flashback)
- Liver (flashback)
- Daidara (flashback)
- Esdeath's Father (flashback)
- Honest (flashback)
- In the manga, Esdeath mentions the abilities of her and Kurome's Teigu (though she does not name Kurome) when telling Tatsumi the importance of a flexible attitude.
- When Esdeath attacks one of the giant Danger Beasts in the manga, Tatsumi notes she doesn't appear to manifest her power from a weapon or amror. This is left out in the anime.
- Syura is clothed from the waist down when he releases Shambala Point B in the manga, while he is fully nude in the anime.
- The series incorporates Dating Sim style of humor when Esdeath asks for Tatsumi's opinion on their current situation.