Over the past year, I've noticed that forum posts have diminished in quality. Specifically, the ones revolving around chapters and character discussions. I fully understand that the more prominent subjects have been done to death and having limited topics after so many years limits the potential to kickstart a large conversation, especially with a straight-forward story of "kill the bad guy". However, this does not mean that we should just shut down the posts, rather improve its quality.
While users are encouraged to express their thoughts on subjects presented on various threads, it is strongly advised to have more linear and constructive posts, rather than bombastic and over-the-top reactions. This kind of repetitive and childish behavior resulted in the removal of numerous threads over time from the wiki. Any future contributions that contain traits of such posts will be removed without question. Such examples include:
- Excessive reactions, particularly the ones where people just celebrate/mourn someone's death (Honestly, grow up. We're all reading the same thing)
- Derailing from the main topic
- Unnecessary usage of profanity (it's not ban by any means, but this shouldn't be anyone's main way of communication nor should it be used to get someone's point across)
- Reopening concluded discussions and restarting dead posts
- Excessive fan-fiction and subjects that are in no way related to the series
- Ostracism against users who don't share similar views (this will also result with the persecutor being banned if the situation calls for it/note that this does not apply to proper counter-criticism)
- Anything similar that strikes between these lines
Please, be mindful of these things, as we'd like to sustain decent quality for readers and fans alike that enjoy discussing and sharing their thoughts. Thank you for your time.